By Tatiana Lampa at Hyperice
We focus so much on lifting and moving our body, but what is your muscle recovery like to keep your longevity at the gym? Muscle recovery is so important for muscle growth, preventing injuries, increasing range of motion, increasing blood circulation, and decreasing muscle soreness. For an optimal workout routine and schedule, it’s important to incorporate post-workout recovery.
During a workout, you push your muscles to exertion, which would lead to the temporary process of breaking down of the muscle fibers. Muscle recovery allows the muscle to rebuild after a workout and to get stronger.
Here are 5 tips for improving muscle recovery
- Hydration: Staying hydrated is crucial for your muscles to rebuild. Your body needs water, especially after a workout.
- Nutrition: How you fuel your body for your workouts is just as important. After your workout, it’s great to have protein to help replenish your glycogen storage. Aim for 25-30g of protein per meal.
- Sleep: Having inadequate sleep can harm your gains and not allow your body to fully recover. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep consistently throughout the week.
- Listen to your body: If you have been overtraining and your body is craving for a rest or recovery day. Listen to it!
- Hyperice recovery tools: Massage tools like Hypervolt and Normatec compression boots help muscle recovery faster than any ordinary tool. With the device’s high tech and different levels of compression, it will help decrease muscle soreness and increase the range of motion and blood circulation.
Hyperice will be at Crunch Fitness recovery rooms near you to elevate your post-workout recovery and get you moving without limitations!
Tatiana Lampa has a degree in Nutrition & Exercise Sciences, a certified personal trainer and corrective exercise specialist. She is also the founder and creator of the Training with T App and Move Better program. Tatiana started her career as a fitness professional 8 years ago in NYC. Tatiana has trained hundreds of clients worldwide and worked alongside many fitness brands and magazines
Crunch promotes a culture of positivity, inclusivity, and fun with no judgments by providing an environment for all individuals regardless of their health and fitness goals. Find a Crunch gym near you to try our free trial membership, or join Crunch now.