By Lexie Dejewski
Everyone loves summer – those hot days and warm nights, sunny beaches and barbeques, parades and pools, vacation days and vino. Maybe – if you’re anything like me – a few too many ice cream cones, s’mores, and burgers.
But seasons change. Fall brings pumpkins and spice, but it also brings back familiar routines. This fall, let’s get excited to approach “back-to-routine.” Whether your kids are heading back to school or you’re coming back from vacation, fall is a great time to re-focus on your health, fitness, and maybe your sanity. Below are some helpful tips for building fitness into your weekly routine:
- Time to return to the gym: We missed you these past few months, so check in with your favorite personal trainer, group fitness instructor, or workout partner. It’s never too late to get back on track.
- Make it a “date:” Find a workout partner, and schedule a time to exercise together. Fitness is more fun with a friend, and it will also keep you accountable.
- Failing to plan is planning to fail: Yes, Benjamin Franklin was a smart guy… Schedule specific times to exercise, and put them on your calendar. Fitness does not just “happen” – you must make the time. Helpful hint: Group Fitness schedules on the Crunch app make it super easy to plan ahead.
- Walk it out: Fall weather is perfect for a stroll. Thirty-minute lunch? Take it outside. The kids are at baseball practice? Walk the field rather than sit on the bleachers.
- It doesn’t have to feel daunting: You don’t have to leave home to exercise. Fitness can be achieved with just a towel and your body weight. You can even check out Crunch+ — which is the Crunch+ platform that offers live and on-demand workouts anytime and anywhere.
Whether it’s back-to-school or back-to-fitness, it really is all about being “back-to-routine.” Make your routine a priority – your body and your mind will thank you!
Lexie Dejewski is a group fitness instructor at Crunch Fitness.
Crunch’s group fitness classes and personal trainers promote a culture of fun with no judgments. It is an environment built for all types of individuals with various goals. Find a Crunch gym near you to try our free trial membership, or join Crunch now.