Regardless of whether you want ideas for healthy family meals or just an easy meal for one, sometimes nothing beats a really good pasta salad. Our Greek chicken pasta salad is exactly that. Quick, simple, and packed with nutrients, this recipe comes together in minutes and features an ingredient list loaded with nutritious veggies, whole grains, and lean proteins.
Unlike some pasta salads you may have tried in the past, our take on this healthy chicken salad recipe uses traditional Greek ingredients to go big on flavor, mixing crumbled feta, briny Kalamata olives, and fresh herbs for a powerhouse combination.
With diced cucumbers and tomatoes for freshness and a gorgeous homemade tzatziki, you’ll have friends and family begging for your recipe. If making this recipe for yourself, however, our balance of whole vegetables, low-calorie dressing, and generous portions of boneless skinless chicken breasts serves as a high-protein lunch that will keep you going through even the hardest days.
Whether you’re heading into picnic weather or just dreaming of warmer days, this delicious, easy chicken salad recipe will keep you firing on all cylinders no matter what the week has in store.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes (plus chilling time)
For tzatziki dressing:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 (16-ounce) box whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium English cucumber, diced
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
For tzatziki dressing
1. Mix together yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Cover
and refrigerate until ready to use.
For Greek chicken pasta salad
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain
pasta and rinse with cold water.
2. Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to a large serving bowl. Add pasta, cherry
tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas, onion, olives, cheese, oregano and parsley to the bowl
and toss to combine. Add tzatziki dressing to salad and mix to combine. Cover and
refrigerate for at least 1 hour.