Prep: 20 minutes (plus marinating time)
Cook: 12 minutes
For garlic yogurt dip:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For lemon chicken skewers:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Wooden skewers
- Whole grain flatbread, for serving
For garlic yogurt dip
1. In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, garlic and salt until combined.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
For lemon chicken skewers
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, thyme, oregano,
salt and pepper. Add chicken and mix to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30
minutes or up to 24 hours.
2. Preheat the grill to medium heat. Soak skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
3. Thread chicken, bell pepper and onion onto skewers. Discard remaining marinade.
4. Grill skewers for 10-12 minutes, rotating occasionally, or until chicken reaches an internal
temperature of 165°F. Serve with garlic yogurt dip and flatbread.